Education (main degrees)
1994: BSc equivalent in Statistics and Econometrics, Vannes Institute of Technology and Rennes 1 University
1996: MSc in Public Health (Biostatistics stream), Paris-Sud University.
1999: PhD in Biostatistics, Paris-Sud University // Inserm U1018 (Biostatistics team).
2014: Habilitation (HDR, French degree of accreditation to supervise PhD students), University of Bordeaux.
Appointments (main affiliations)
1999-2003: Post-doc, McGill University (Dep. of Epidemiology and Biostatistics) // Research Centre of the MUHC (Division of Clinical Epidemiology).
2003-2008: Assistant Professor, University of Montreal (Dep.of Social and Preventive Medicine) // Research Centre of the CHUM (Risks to Health Axis).
2008-present: Associate Professor (« Maître de conférences »), University of Bordeaux (Bordeaux School of Public Health, ISPED) // Inserm UMR 1219 (Biostatistics team).
Current awards and recognitions
2013-2017: Scientific excellence award (« PES »), Bordeaux Segalen University (with external reviewers from mathematics sections).
2015: Promotion to the rank of « Maître de conférences hors classe », French National Board of Universities (CNU), section 26 (Applied mathematics and applications of mathematics).
2015: Qualification to apply for a full Professor position (“Qualification aux fonctions de professeur des universités”), CNU section 26.
- 2017-2021: Award for doctoral research supervision (« PEDR »), CNU section 26
Service within University of Bordeaux
- Chair, MSc in Public Health, Epidemiology Stream, Bordeaux School of Public Health (ISPED), since 2014.
- Co-chair, International Relations Committee, Bordeaux School of Public Health (ISPED), since 2015.
- Member, Training Program Committee, Bordeaux School of Public Health (ISPED), since 2014.
- Member, Board of Governors, Bordeaux School of Public Health (ISPED), since 2014.
- Member, Steering Committee, Bordeaux Clinical Investigation Center-Clinical Epidemiology (CIC 1401-EC), since 2015.
- Teaching about 150 hours in class per year since 2008 in the ISPED MSc programme in Public Health.
- Main current courses:
- Linear and logistic regression (≈ 50h/year) in Master 1 Public Health and Master 2 Epidemiology
- Survival analysis (≈ 45h/year) in Master 2 Epidemiology and Master 2 International Health
- Design and analysis of case-control studies (≈ 15h/year) in Master 2 Epidemiology
- Statistical methods for the analysis of epidemiological data, in particular cohort and case-control data
- Survival analysis, competing risks, multi-state models, interval censoring
- Statistical modeling of environmental and occupational exposures in etiologic cancer research
- Statistical modeling of chronic kidney disease progression
Some selected papers (see CV for full publications list on ISPED Website)
- Leffondré K, Abrahamowicz M, Siemiatycki J, Rachet B. Modeling smoking history: A comparison of different approaches. American Journal of Epidemiology, 2002; 156(9):813-23.
- Leffondré K, Abrahamowicz M, Siemiatycki J. Evaluation of Cox’s model and logistic regression for matched case-control data with time-dependent covariates: A simulation study. Statistics in Medicine, 2003; 22(24):3781-94.
- Leffondré K, Abrahamowicz M, Regeasse A, Hawker GA, Badley EM, McCusker J, Belzile E. Statistical measures were proposed for identifying longitudinal patterns of change in quantitative health indicators. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 2004; 57(10):1049-62.
- Leffondré K, Abrahamowicz M, Siemiatycki J, Xiao Y. Modeling smoking history using a comprehensive smoking index : Application to lung cancer. Statistics in Medicine, 2006; 25(24):4132-46.
- Leffondré K, Wynant W, Cao Z, Abrahamowicz M, Heinze G, Siemiatycki J. A weighted Cox model for modelling time-dependent exposures in the analysis of case-control studies. Statistics in Medicine, 2010; 29(7-8):839-850.
- Gauvin H, Lacourt A, Leffondré K. On the proportional hazards model for case-control analyses of environmental and occupational exposures. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 2013; 13:18.
- Leffondré K, Touraine C, Helmer C, Joly P. Interval-censored time-to-event and competing risk with death: is the illness-death model more accurate than the Cox model? International Journal of Epidemiology, 2013; 42(4):1177-1186.
- Boucquemont J, Heinze G, Jager KJ, Oberbauer R, Leffondré K. Regression methods for investigating risk factors of chronic kidney disease outcomes: the state of the art. BMC Nephrology, 2014; 15(1):45.
- Leffondré K, Jager KJ, Boucquemont J, Stel VS, Heinze G. Representation of exposures in regression analysis and interpretation of regression coefficients: basic concepts and pitfalls. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, 2014; 29(10):1806-1814.
- Boucquemont J, Metzger M, Combe C, Stengel B, Leffondre K for the NephroTest Study Group. Should we use standard survival models or the illness-death model for interval-censored data to investigate risk factors of chronic kidney disease progression? PLoS ONE 2014; 9(12):e114839.
- Leffondré K, Boucquemont J, Tripepi G, Stel VS, Heinze G, Dunkler D. Analysis of risk factors associated with renal function trajectory over time: A comparison of different statistical approaches. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation 2015; 30(8):1237-1243.
- Kaboré R, Haller MC, Harambat J, Heinze G, Leffondré K. Risk prediction models for graft failure in kidney transplantation: A systematic review. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation 2017; 32(suppl 2):ii68-ii76.
- Boucquemont J, Loubère L, Metzger M, Combe C, Stengel B, Leffondré K, and the NephroTest Study Group. Identifying subgroups of renal function trajectories. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation.2017; 32(suppl 2): ii185-ii193.
- Kaboré R, Couchoud C, Macher MA, Salomon R, Ranchin B, Lahoche A, Roussey-Kesler G, Garaix F, Decramer S, Piètrement C, Lassalle M, Baudouin V, Cochat P, Niaudet P, Joly P, Leffondré K (co-last author), Harambat J. Age dependent risk of graft failure in young kidney transplant recipients. Transplantation 2017; 101(6):1327-1335.
- Lacourt A, Lévêque E (co-first author), Guichard E, Gilg Soit Ilg A, Sylvestre MP, Leffondré K. Dose-time response association between occupational asbestos exposure and pleural mesothelioma. Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2017; 74(9):691-697.
- Lévêque E, Lacourt A, Luce D, Sylvestre MP, Guénel P, Stücker I, Leffondré K. Time-dependent effect of intensity of smoking and of occupational exposure to asbestos on the risk of lung cancer: results from the ICARE case–control study. Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2018; 75(8): 586-592.
- Prezelin-Reydit M, Combe C, Harambat J, Jacquelinet C, Merville P, Couzi L, Leffondré K for the CRISTAL investigators. Prolonged dialysis duration is associated with graft failure and mortality after kidney transplantation: results from the French transplant database. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation 2018; 1-7 doi:10.1093/ndt/gfy039.