- Module Organiser: « Control of STI » since 1997.
- Regular teaching on the MSc Control of Infectious Diseases, the Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, and the MSc in Reproductive and Sexual Health Research at LSHTM;
- External teaching ongoing at the Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM), Antwerp, Belgium; Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo (FMUSP), Brazil; and in the past for various other national and international STI courses including: British Association of Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH), UK; School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London, UK; University of Bordeaux and IMEA Fondation Leon M’Ba, Paris, France; Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden; University of Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso; Wits Reproductive Health & HIV Insitute (Wits-RHI), Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Main research interests are in the clinical management of sexually transmitted infectons (STI), the organisation of STI/HIV prevention and care services in various contexts, and the evaluation of interventions targeting the HIV-STI interactions, with a particular interest in genital herpes (HSV-2), human papillomavirus (HPV), and cervico-vaginal infections.
- I have participated, through a succession of DFID-funded research programmes on HIV/AIDS & STI, in research on various aspects of HIV/STI control in several anglophone and francophone African countries, in China and in Brazil.
- Coordinator of an EU/FP7 funded consortium (2010-2014) conducting research on the evaluation of cervical cancer prevention among HIV-infected women in Africa – the HPV in Africa Research Partnership (HARP) (http://harp-fp7.org/)
- LSHTM PI for the EU-funded ZIKAlliance Consortium (https://zikalliance.tghn.org/)