My research aims to identify developmental risk factors for suicidal behaviours across the lifespan in population-based cohorts. It relies on different approaches, such as psychiatric epidemiology, developmental psychopathology, and behavioural genetics.
I received my training in psychology at the University of Padova, Italy, where I completed a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and Master degree in Clinical Psychology. I the persuaded my training in France, completing a PhD in Psychology and Cognitive Science at the University of Paris Descartes as well as a Master’ s degree in public health methodology and biostatistics at the University Paris Sud. I am currently a Marie-Curie postdoctoral fellow at the McGill Group for Suicide Studies and Research Unit on Children Psychosocial Maladjustment (McGill University, Canada) and Bordeaux Population Health Research Centre (Inserm, U1219, University of Bordeaux, France).
- Orri, M., Geoffroy M-C., Turecki, G., Feng, B., Paquin, S., Vitaro, F., Brendgen, M.R., Dionne, G., Galera, C., Renaud, J., Tremblay, R.E., Côté, S.M, M-C., Boivin M. Contribution of genes and environment to the longitudinal association between childhood impulsive-aggression and suicidality in young adulthood (online first) Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry
- Richard-Devantoy, S., Orri, M., Gunnel, D., Power, C., & Geoffroy, M-C. (2019) Trajectories of school reading and mathematics abilities during childhood, and suicide mortality in adulthood in the 1958 British Birth Cohort. Psychological Medicine 1-8
- Orri, M., Gunnell, D., Richard-Devantoy, S., Bolanis, D., Boruff, J., Turecki, G. & Geoffroy, M-C. (2019) In-utero and perinatal influences on suicide risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet Psychiatry 6(6):477-492
- Orri, M., Galera, C., Turecki, G., Tremblay, R.E., Boivin, M., Geoffroy, M-C., & Côté, S.M. (2019) Pathways of association between childhood irritability and adolescent suicidal behaviors. Population-based study. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 58(1):99–107.
- Orri, M., Perret, L., Turecki, G. & Geoffroy, M-C. (2018) Association between irritability and suicide-related outcomes across the life-course. Systematic review of both community and clinical studies. J Affect Disord 239:220–233
- Côté, S.M., Orri, M., Marttila, M., & Ristikari, T. (2018) Out-of-home placement before age 7 years and psychiatric and criminality outcomes in adulthood in the 1987 Finnish birth cohort: A Nationwide propensity score-matched study. Lancet Child and Adolescent Health2(9):647-653
- Rouquette, A., Pingault, J.B., Fried, E.I., Orri, M., Falissard, B., Kossakowski, J., Vitaro, F., Tremblay, R.E., Côté, S.M., Borsboom, D. (2018) Emotional and behavioral symptom network structure in elementary school girls and links with anxiety disorders and depression in adolescence and/or early adulthood. JAMA Psychiatry 75(11):1173-1181
- Orri, M., Galera, C., Turecki, G., Forte, A., Renaud, J., Boivin, M., Tremblay, R.E., Côté, S.M., & Geoffroy, M-C. (2018) Association of childhood irritability and anxious/depressive mood profiles with adolescent suicidal ideation and attempt. JAMA Psychiatry;75(5):465-473